Click to expand image
These are Super Alloy Steel, Ballast Bricks used in critical application used for balancing and counterweight for Naval Applications.
Improving High Altitude Habitability and Sustainability
The new Bukhari, designed and developed by DIPAS (DRDO), is a kerosene-fueled, safe, and efficient vented space heating device.
• Multiple level safety against back-draft-generated blasts.
• Back-draft resistant exhaust vent.
• Three impact braking plates between two chambers.
• No auto-ignition of the burner if extinguished.
• No build-up of harmful gases and fumes in the room.
• Uses only 500-700 ml kerosene/hr.
• Maximal extraction of heat, no thermal wastage in exhaust gases.
• Keeps the room comfortably warm by both convective and radiative heating.
• Each bukhari prevents about one ton of CO2 and 0.3 tons of black carbon per
year from going to the environment.
• Two chambered designs, one for hot air blower and the other for flue gases.
• The hot air is circulated in the room with the help of a DC fan that is operated with
power generated from a solar panel and stored in a small battery.
• An improved maintenance-free exhaust vent has been provided, which works on
Bernoulli’s principle and does not allow air coming from any direction to extinguish the burner and thus prevent a fire hazard.
• For efficient heating, a three-burner stove has been developed that can also be
used for cooking or warming food, heating water, etc.
• Controllable blue flame, so no soot formation.
• Bukhari has been designed to extract maximum heat so that there is less
wastage of heat at the exhaust level.