Click to expand image
Bulb bars/flats are asymmetrical plate stiffeners used for ship building hull construction (Ship Hull, Ballast Tanks, and Cargo Holds) & Bridges (Box & Plate Girder, Steel Decks, and Expansion Joints). These special profiles provide a wide range of benefits compared to conventional plate stiffeners used for the purpose. The benefits are available at the time of construction as well as during products (Ship / Bridge) life. The significant benefits prompted the designers/constructors to use these special profiles on increasing scales.
Krishna Allied Industries Pvt. Ltd. has manufactured Bulb bars in a wide range of sizes and lengths per specification and supplied to the Indian Navy over the last 5 years. Bulb bars of different sizes and lengths and desired steel specifications can be manufactured at our works to suit the client’s requirements. The bulb bars have been produced at our works with the following sizes.
• Maximizes resistance to buckling due to increased strength to weight ratio and
saving in weight @ 40%
• Easy access for welding and painting
• Simplified collar connection
• Reduced coating material and painting cost due to reduced surface area.
• Reduction in time for cleaning ballast tanks, cargo holds, and Port as foreign
materials unlikely to get trapped in “Blind Corners” due to curved & rounded profile.
• Moisture and pollutants are less likely to get trapped due to curved & rounded
• Welding is quicker and easy
• Easy access for inspection.