Click to expand image
Containment vessels are used by forces such as National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), and National Security Guard (NSG). These containment vessels are used for detonating improvised explosive devices (IED) and explosives inside them. The entire explosion energy is absorbed inside the containment vessels, and hence they are safely deployed to detonate explosives in crowded public areas with no damage to personnel and property.
The IED containment vessel was designed, developed, and tested by DRDO. This cost-effective, one-time use alternative can absorb the blast energy due to the explosion of 4kg TNT explosive and 6 kg IED at a distance of 0.5m.
• Difficult for the violent mob to crossover due to sharp spike in front.
• SS Perforated sheet Protects security Personnel from stone attack.
• Dual Protection, protect from ramming car as well as a violent mob.
• Reduces Cost as it is easily transportable.
• No tools required easily assembled within a few seconds.
|Inner Diameter||1000 mm|
|Outer Diameter||1000 mm|
|Material of Construction||a. Cylindrical Enclosure||IS: 2062 GR.E250 BR|
|b. Stool||12 & 16 mm Marine Ply|
|c. Caster wheel||Heavy duty pressed steel|